Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

Content:

1. Topic: Marriage and Family Therapy
-Short Job Description: Marriage and family therapists diagnose, assess, treat mental illness as well as psychological stress within the context of a marriage and family outlook perspective system. The usual therapy sessions are : premarital counseling, relationship counseling, divorce counseling, and child counseling. The sessions may be conducted in a group or individually. They also create the foundation for developing treatment plans, as well as improve communication skills of their patients.

2. What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs?  

-Effect Learner: I will be an effective learner by always utilizing resources in order to understand and expand my knowledge on all subjects. For example I will also turn all my senior project work on time and always be punctual for my due dates. I will be responsible and utilize all classroom time in a productive manner. Finally through all that, I will become at the very least a proficient student. However I hope to become an AE student through good work habits and becoming an effective learner.

-Effective Communicator: I will become an effective communicator this year by always being committed to my group, and cooperating in all activities. For example I will clearly and peacefully let my voice be heard to my group members, as well as respectfully listen to their ideas as well. I know that becoming an effective communicator well benefit both myself and my peers, and ultimately lead to a successful academic year.

-Effective User of Technology: I will become an effective user of technology by accessing reliable and informational sources, utilizing MS word, and using my technological skills in order to create the best presentations I possibly can. For example If a peer needs assistance I will be there to provide help. Also if I need help, I will ask a peer or teacher to help me find a credible and reliable source.

-Effective I-Poly Citizen: I will become an effective I-Poly citizen by respecting my peers, being responsible, generating a positive school environment, demonstrating the understanding of both historical and current issues. For example I will be responsible by always showing up to class prepared, punctual, and willing to learn. I will also generate a positive school environment by respecting my fellow peers and assisting anybody who needs my assistance. I will do my best to become an effective I-Poly citizen, as well as a better well rounded individual during the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment