Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval

Content:

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
           In order to complete my 30 hours I will work with my mentor and complete my independent component hours along with my mentorship hours. This is possible because I'm seeing my mentor 4 times a week and helping her almost every day for various hours. I will be assisting her with preparation for her group therapy sessions by gathering and creating packets for her patients. I will also be assisting her through out her group therapy session. Afterwards we usually debrief to each other and she teaches me her methods of therapy which i find fascinating. Overall these hours will be easy to complete and will help me understand my senior project better.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
          In order to prove I completed my 30 hours I will create a virtual spreadsheet that will show what exactly I did every time I help her and document all my hours. I will also get copies of the packets that I assemble, and add pictures of us prepping for the therapy sessions as well as maybe picture of the group session. However that is only if confidentiality is not an issue. I should have no problem providing evidence of my 30 hours.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
     My independent component will help me in various ways to explore my topic.  For instance, I will be spending time with my mentor as she educates me of all the therapy strategies she knows and as well have practice in actually testing out these strategies during our group therapy session. Overall the experience will help get me exposed to real-life therapy sessions and get an authentic vibe and atmosphere of how my topic really is. I am excited and ready to be enlightened. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an excellent idea since you have such a supportive mentor.

    ReplyDelete