Monday, September 30, 2013

Monthly Post: September

Extra Blog On Research :

Throughout my research on my senior project I have found various articles and other informational text with vast knowledge on marriage and family therapy. One of the most fascinating and informative piece of text however was the "John Gottman on Couples Therapy" Interview. John Gottman is a famous Professor of psychology widely popular for his contribution and progress in successful marriage and family therapy.

(John Gottman)
In this interview I was able to understand a professional and really analyze his answers and connect the dots with past knowledge to fully understand the meanings of his answers. He is very wise and sage. John Gottman shed the truth on active listening/ responding. I learned about how compromise can also lead to further problems if you compromise to soon or often. I also learned that Gottman himself had marital problems! However he solved them and is currently happily married after.

(This is John Gottman and his wife Julie)

 My view on that is that no matter who you are (even if you are the Great John Gottman) that problems will arise. Its not the end of the world, there is always a way out. After reading through the rest of the interview I decided to further research John Gottman and I was impressed by his amazing record and achievements in his field. No doubt this interview contributed to my perspective of my senior project, and it also made me eager to learn more!

Here is the link to the interview as well: http://www.psychotherapy.net/interview/john-gottman

1 comment:

  1. Did you read the chapter in Blink about Gottman? It is super interesting. You can borrow the book from me. It seems like you are always looking for a book anyhow ; )

    ReplyDelete