Thursday, October 31, 2013

Monthly Post for October: Book Work

Monthly Post:
So throughout most of my time with my Karla Rodriguez Vallejo (my mentor)  I can expect to complete the task of reading her books and extracting the important info from the books. One of the books that I'm most familiar with is Seeking Safety: A Treatment Manual for PTSD and Substance Abuse by Lisa M. Najavits. I have worked on this book the past couple of months. It's a very informational piece of text and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to add it to my working bibliography for senior project research.

Here is a picture of the book:

 The book has chapters that each are specific to a process in the works of successful therapy. For example:
chapter 1-Intro to treatment, chapter 2-Safety, chapter 3-Detaching from emotional pain, etc.
Thus I read through each chapter and I highlight the main points and I than jot them down in a notebook.
After  have jotted down enough information I than transfer the writing into typed form and print it out.
The printed information is than used and integrated into packets that Karla and I create for our group therapy sessions. Overall this book has been tons of help in guiding me through information, as well as giving me information to integrate into my packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment