Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

Content:

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?


I am most proud of being able to interact with the audience. I felt like I really engaged the audience and I felt like everyone was ACTUALLY paying attention. It felt good to know that they were paying attention, it made me feel like I was respected, and that in itself is a great feeling. I really loved how the class was attentive and cooperative.


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

(AE)      I would give myself an AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

(P)        I would give myself a P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?


I felt that the things that worked for me include maintaining a log, consistent research checks, and blog posts. All these things helped me stay concentrated and kind of guided me to keep myself attentive and poised for success. 


(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?


I believe that having my essential question that I ended the year with, I wish I could have had that essential question since the beginning of the year because in the beginning I had an entirely different essential question and I had to make a lot of work up due to the fact of switching my essential question, so I wish I could have gone back and picked my FINAL essential question since the beginning.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.


Senior Project has worked wonders for me and my future endeavors. For example through my senior project, I met my mentor Karla Vallejo Rodriguez whom is an amazing individual and is a marriage and family therapist whom took me under her wing and showed me the ropes. It has been an unbelievable experience being able to work with somebody who is in my desired field of work. All the experience with her only reinforced my desire to pursue that career of therapy. I now have a valuable connection with somebody who works in my desired career field and I know that now my range of possibilities has opened because my mentor Karla can one day help me get a job, or reference me to her other therapist friends. Senior project has also given me plenty of volunteer hours which I may now put in my resume as volunteer experience. All in all it was a pain in the butt, but a very valuable experience and I have no regrets. I loved everything, and I am confident to pursue my career now.

No comments:

Post a Comment